Do you think getting a yearly maintenance check on your HVAC system is a good idea?
Whether you answered “yes” or “no,” you’re only half right!
If you get just one visit per year, it depends on the time of year you get the visit. Generally the technician will only test the system pertinent to the season you’re in. If it’s spring or summer, they’ll check the air-conditioning system. If it’s fall or winter, they’ll check the heating system. Why can’t they do both at the same time? If you had you air-conditioner checked in say, November, and it was fine then, a lot can happen by the time April or May rolls around and your money will not have been well-spent.
We always recommend having two maintenance checks each year: once for the cooling system in the spring and another for the heating system in the fall. Have the systems checked before you turn it on for the first time that season or at least early in the season. That’s when you can prevent the most problems from occurring later on.
Here are some benefits to regular, twice yearly maintenance:
- Better air quality, with less dust accumulation, thus creating a healthier environment.
- Prolongs the life of your equipment, thus saving you money.
- Addresses potential safety issues, thus preventing a disaster.
- Keeps your system more efficient, thus reducing energy consumption and cost.
- Addresses worn parts and potential problems pro-actively, before a breakdown, thus preventing inconveniences for you.
As a bonus, if you sign up for a maintenance contract with us, you’ll get twice yearly service and a discount on any parts that may be needed throughout the year! That saves you even more money! When you think about it, getting an Interstate AC Service maintenance contract can be a pretty smart move! Call on us at (615) 832-8500 today.